U.S. Department of Agriculture DMPs
Note: Check your solicitation/announcement for DMP/data requirements.
Highlights of USDA's Public Access Plan
- New extramural and intramural research programs require DMPs.
- "These data management plans will, at a minimum, describe how the researcher(s) will provide for long-term preservation of, and access to, the digital scientific data created by the proposed study." (pg 18).
- Researchers can also explain in the DMP why long-term preservation is not applicable.
- Data management plans should include clear plans for sharing research data (pg 19).
- All USDA-funded researchers will be required to comply with USDA’s policy for making the digital data underlying the conclusions of peer-reviewed scientific research publications freely available in public repositories in machine readable formats (pg 19).