Link Your ORCiD with DataShare
Connecting your DataShare account with ORCID provides the following benefits:
- Your ORCID is part of a data set's metadata (i.e. your data set will be associated with your ORCID, not just your name).
- You are searchable by your ORCID within DataShare
- Disambiguates your outputs to help with the I (interoperability) in F.A.I.R
- Your ORCID is displayed on your DataShare author profile page
- Sign in to DataShare.
- Click your account icon, then click "Profile."
- Click "CONNECT" in the ORCID section.
- Log in to ORCID and approve the connection.
- The Configure ORCID screen presents you with three different controls that can be turned on and off.
- Turn on the first option, "Push data to my ORCID" - this will add data sets on DataShare your ORCID account.
- Turn on the second option if you want items in ORCID to appear on your DataShare profile.
- The third option isn't supported by DataShare at this time.
- That's it! Your DataShare account is now linked with your ORCID.