image courtesy: http://www.hancockcollege.edu/library/researchhelp.php
- Once you choose a topic gather together the information you already know and figure out what is missing.
- Begin your search by making a list of all the search terms that describe your topic.
- Choose the most appropriate databases to begin your search. Need help Ask a Librarian!
- To refine your search take a look at the results each search term is finding. You may need to add, subtract, or come up with some new search terms.
- Evaluate the resources you find to figure out what they are and which are best for you to use.