The ISU Library subscribes to many different article databases. The complete list is available under Article Indexes and Databases from the link below.
A searchable list of ISUs electronic journals. If you cannot find a journal, check Quick Search by doing a "Journals" search.
Journal articles are one of the main information sources used by researchers in business. Whether you're looking for a news article from the Wall Street Journal or an academic article from the Journal of Finance, the general search strategy is the same.
1. Select a database below.
2. Do a search and display the results. Results are usually displayed with the most recent items first.
3. Find the full-text of the article. If the full-text is not available online, you can get it through either document delivery or interlibrary loan by using the Request Forms link.
Some things to remember:
1. The full-text online content is limited. This varies by vendor, but generally, assume that full-text will not be available before 1995.
2. Unless you know the exact information about the article you're looking for (year, volume, page numbers) it will be easier to do search in an article database than by using the "A-Z List of Journals."
3. As an alternative to the "A-Z" browse a publication. Use the "Publications" tab in Business Source Elite and ABI/Inform to browse journal issues.
4. If you can't figure out how to do something in an index, check the "help" button.
While you can go to the individual journals to find information about your topic, it's much more efficient to search an article database for your topic. Below are the major databases useful for searching marketing topics.