Using This Guide
Below is a brief description ofthe resources found on each tab on this Guide.
- Basic Resources - a good overall starting point for general background information
- Government Laws - access to information regarding federal, state, & municipal rules, regulations and laws
- Case Law - information about specific court cases and rulings
- Digests - report on the rulings of various Appellate and District Courts
- Citators - these services can be used to validate your research and monitor cases over time
Organizational Web Sites
Welcome to the subject guide for Legal Research. This guide provides access to a select list of online and print
resources for anyone doing basic legal research. There are many
websites that provide access to law-related information, however this
guide focuses on identifying accurate, authoritive sources.
If you are having difficulty identifying search terms for your research take a look at some of our print resources, such as Black's Law Dictionary.
For additional help using these or other legal resources, please use the information in the right sidebar to contact me.
Legal Citation Styles and Locating the Law
Legal Research Tutorials
Need help figuring out how to begin your legal research? Try some of the following tutorials.