For some closure to our series, please do read the final two essays:
Bad Feminist Take One
Bad Feminist Take Two
We'll also spend this meeting with general discussion on the following topics:
We will also assess the book discussion series.
After completion of the series, the following assessment questions were sent to all participants in the format of an anonymous survey. Likert-style questions utilized a 4-item "forced choice" scale, meaning an even number of item choices with no hypothetical neutral middle ground. Survey results will be used to help guide development of future DEI book discussion series programs.
1. What did you hope to learn through participating in the Bad Feminist Book Discussion series?
2. How well did the discussion series meet your learning expectations?
3. This series included four weekly meeting discussions. How many of the discussion meetings did you attend?
4. Did you attend Roxane Gay's ISU lecture?
5. If you had not participated in this discussion series, how likely is it that you would have attended Roxane Gay's ISU lecture?
6. How well did the facilitators manage the weekly meeting discussions that you attended?
7. How likely are you to participate in future library programs similar to this one?
8. What was your own most important learning outcome that resulted from participating in this series?
9. This discussion series explored issues of feminism, race, gender, sexuality, ethnicity, intersectionality, privilege, privacy & coming out, media depictions, and more. How might we apply what we learned to our work and relationships with colleagues?
10. Anything else you want to tell us?