We teach primary source literacy using active learning methods. We are also available to consult with instructors on creating assignments and projects using primary sources from our collections.
- Familiarize students with policies and procedures necessary for research in or collections.
- Introduce students to research in our department.
Search & Discover
- Teach student effective search strategies.
- Help students navigate finding aids, archival databases, library catalogs, and digital collections.
Evaluation & Interpretation
- Using active learning exercise to demonstrate how students can use contextual information to understand primary sources.
- Through collaborative learning, show students how to ethically use primary sources as evidence for their research.
- Review assignments and make recommendations on availability of resources in SCUA.
- Collaborate with instructors on primary source assignments that meet instructor's learning outcomes and actively engage students with primary source research.