Library Workshops @ Parks Library
All workshops are presented by our librarians.
Please let us know if you require any accommodation.
Walk-ins are welcome, but you are not guaranteed a seat.
Spring 2021 workshops will be offered virtually via Zoom.
Spring 2021 Workshops
Shameless Self-Promotion Workshop
- Date: February 16, 3:00-4:00 pm CST
- Interested in increasing your research’s impact? This workshop will cover various tools and tips to help you build and manage your online presence.
Open Scholar Cafés (held monthly)
Best Practices for Using OER in Canvas (with Lesya Hassall, CELT)
- Date: February 23, 12:00-1:30 pm CST
- In this hands-on workshop, participants will explore how to apply the Quality Matters (QM) rubric to evaluate the use of free digital materials, like OER, in the classroom.
Introduction to Data Management Plans
- Date: February 23, 3:00-4:30 pm CST
- This online workshop introduces the concepts and tools needed to develop a good data management plan as well as tips for general data management.
- This workshop has been canceled. For help and information about how to use DataShare please email email@example.com.
- DataShare, ISU’s open access data repository, has over 100 data sets published by more than 75 ISU researchers. This webinar will provide all the information you need to begin sharing data on DataShare.
Copyright in the Classroom: Support for Instructors (with Barbara Biederman, University Counsel)
- Date: April 20, 10:00-11:00 am CST
- Learn how to navigate topics like Fair Use, the TEACH Act, copyright support on campus, and more by working through real-life scenarios you might encounter in the classroom.