Geological Survey Research Data Requirements
In effect October 1, 2016.
Highlights of USGS requirements:
- Research conducted directly by USGS or by others using USGS funding,
- Published externally by USGS scientists or extramural USGS funded scientists.
- Published by the USGS.
Digital research data (those data used to support the scholarly conclusions) must:
- Be made available free-of-charge for public access.
- Access must be available before or simultaneously with, the associated publication.
- Be accompanied by a data management plan (DMPs) detailing such information as acquisition method, quality assurance, security, disposition.
- Physical objects (e.g., laboratory samples).