Data & statistics you can find here: Iowa School Report Cards (measuring Iowa K12 school performance), Iowa District & AEA (School Profile) reports, a wide range of Iowa student demographic information, and more.
See also: State of Iowa Report Cards for No Child Left Behind, 2002-2016: https://www.educateiowa.gov/document-type/state-report-card
For information on other states, see the US Department of Education's state contact information page: https://ed.gov/about/contacts/state/index.html
Data & statistics you can find here: Budget reports, accreditation reports, campus safety data, and more pertaining to Iowa's Regents Institutions.
US Department of Education
Major site for national education data. Home of the National Center for Education Statistics, the Nation's Report Card on education, and more.
Data and statistics you can find here:
- National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) ("the main federal organization for collecting education statistics"), Nation's Report Card, and many other important datasets, facts, and tools related to national education issues.
- Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) ("the core postsecondary education data collection program for NCES") - here you'll find vast data related to postsecondary enrollments, completion and graduation rates, employees, staff, revenues, financial aid, institutional profiles, capability to compare institutions on these and other variables, and more. Data are available for download as well.
- International Data Explorer (IDE) ("an interactive data analysis tool that allows users to create their own tables and charts, and perform statistical tests, with data from the international assessments in which the United States participates") - here you'll find program information and data from:
- IAP (International Activities Program) - overview and summaries of data from PIACC, PIRLS, PISA, TALIS, and TIMMS (see below for information on these programs). Also includes links to information on other international data surveys and projects.
- CivEd (Civic Education Study) - "information on U.S. ninth-graders' knowledge of democratic practices and institutions and on how it compares with the knowledge of students in 27 other participating countries." 1999 only.
- ICILS (International Computer and Information Literacy Skills) - "a computer-based international assessment of eighth-grade students' computer and information literacy (CIL) skills," data not yet available. 2013-present; US will begin participation in 2018.
- PIACC (Program for the International Assessment of Adult Competencies) - an OECD study of adults (age 16-65) from 24-33 countries to "assess and compare the basic skills and the broad range of competencies of adults around the world." More
- PIRLS (Progress in International Reading Literacy Study) - "an international comparative assessment that measures student learning in reading. PIRLS documents worldwide trends in the reading knowledge of 4th-graders as well as school and teacher practices related to instruction." 2001-present, administered every 5 years. More
- PISA (Program for International Student Assessment) - "an international assessment that measures reading, mathematics, and science literacy of 15 years olds; also includes measures of general or cross-curricular competencies, such as collaborative problem solving." 2000-present, administered every 3 years. More
- TALIS (Teaching and Learning International Survey) - "an international study of school teachers, principals, teaching, and learning environments," coordinated by OECD. More
- TIMSS (Trends in International Mathematics and Science Study) - "reliable and timely data on the mathematics and science achievement of U.S. students in grades 4 and 8 compared to that of students in other countries." 1995-present, administered every 4 years. More
The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) is comprised of 35 member countries with the mission of promoting "...policies that will improve the economic and social well-being of people around the world." Their publications include Education at a Glance, with information and data from 2008-present.
United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization education site. For quick access to international education data, first choose a country
and then view its socioeconomic indicators including literacy rates
by age and gender, primary education
by gender, and more.
World Bank - EdStats
The World Bank collects worldwide data on education from national statistical reports and other data sources. EdStats includes several data visualization tools and a handy app finder for your mobile devices.